I suggest you ...

I have a 256 GB card installed, with 220 gigs of music however my device only indexes about 25% of the music on the SD card and stops!

publish the limits of the unit in terms of folder hierarchy, number folders, and number of files in total. My unit has 256 GB card with 228 GB of music with the music being sorted by artist one folder level down from the folder with the alphabetic character so I have 26 top level folders and within those I have multiple artists folders and within those I have multiple album folders but my unit only index and display the first dozen folders and everything beyond that is empty although the music does exist on the card. What are the limits?

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sector 77GSector 77G shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

Dear. sector 77G

This is Ryan from MonsterGODJ team.

Internal Memory: 900 songs Rec: 100 songs Addtional SD Card: 9,000 song

( Including both folders and songs)

Thanks and regards, Ryan

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jeff SansJeff Sans commented  · 

TOTAL BS 2TB I followed this... SD Card 9,000 Song limit... in fact I loaded ONLY 8,845 songs + 22 Folders on a 64gb Micro-SD waaay under 9000....

ALL Unreadable can not load ... this GO DJ is FALSE "paper weight" TRASH!

I'm filing with FTC this week screen capturing their claim of 2TB Capacity on this unit and get my $$$ back some way.

I'm Sticking with Numark DJ2GO or Numark Orbit unit less technical & better Support.

Monster should stay with making headphones, cables & surges they are definitely not smart enough to make this kind of stuff, without falsifying information to grab attention.

FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!

Oh! but the PDF manual does mention only 32gb cards everywhere else it says 2TB... what a shame could of been a great product but having a limit as a cellphone is TERRIBLE!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

So it does not matter how big the card is, you still only get 9000 songs on the card? Why buy a 256 or 512gb card if it does not matter? This needs to be fixed

• Michael WredeMichael Wrede commented  · 

I wrote a E-Mail to the Company, cause i like to know how far the development of the new firmware is. No answere is the answere. I bought the device on Amazon, so now i have wrote my first Review. In my opinion everybody should know that there's a filelimit of 10000 files !

• Walied OsmanWalied Osman commented  · 

Dear Ryan,

Same problem, I cannot load past 32gb sd card. Understand that 1 or 2 TB of info is a lot to process, but you mention on your site upto 2TB. You guys are short 1968GB of what you advertise. In the America you would be looking at a false advertising lawsuit. Please fix this or change this 2TB sd card capacity non sense. It's a bit of a disappointment because I would love to fit even one TB of music on my player.

• GO-DJ Support TeamAdminGO-DJ Support Team (GO-DJ Experts, JD Sound Inc) commented  · 

Dear users
        We are fully recognized for the request by your discomfort and needs.
        Now we are working on technological development to solve this problem.
        And this is not an easy task.
        Once again, thank you for your concern and love for our products, we are strive to the further development and preparation for future more advanced versions of the firmware.

Thank you,
        RYAN.

@deepdjdanny .. hi danny, i'm very angry about this support page. there's always a standard answer if you ask about the support of 2 tb. i tried many ways to reach a concrete answere, but there's none. i bought the device on amazone, never make a review. but now i will make. i wrote an e-mail to the company, but again no answere. i don't know what's so difficult to give me what i want. this is the last try. is it possible to change the file prob make a firmware update or not. and please, no standard answere.... :-(

• deepdjdannydeepdjdanny commented  · 

A Question about all of this...
        So... on any SD card... a single folder with 8,999 audiofiles..
        Is the Absolute Maximum Limit?...
        Meaning that a Total Of: 8,999 songs?
        Or 9000? without any folder?

???

:)

it seems negative comments will be deleted......

it seems the words in the comments are also limited :-)... have to write the rest of my last comment.

Hi ryan,
        Thx for answering quick

today i wrote an e-mail to the support and get an answere 20min. later.. here the konversation :

hello,
        i bought a 200 gig card and loaded ca. 160 gig. after 2 days of analysing the device stop. many folders seem empty in the browser.. ?
        please help...
        greetings from germany
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

We apologize for inconvenience.

Internal Memory: 900 songs
        Rec: 100 songs
        Addtional SD Card: 9,000 song

( Including both folders and songs)

when the problems again, you can try to format the SD card.

Thanks and regards,
        Ryan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        Hi ryan,
        Thx for answering quick

• GO-DJ Support TeamAdminGO-DJ Support Team (GO-DJ Experts, JD Sound Inc) commented  · 

We apologize for inconvenience.
        We can check out a number of reasons.

1. Damage of the song files
        2. SD Card formatting
        3. Verify limited capacity

Check out the view from above.

After you insert the SD card into the MONSTER GODJ, "system (3)" You can format the SD Card.

I hope this helps.
        Thanks and regards,
        Ryan

same probs here, no contact to support.possible...

• Steve SmithSteve Smith commented  · 

I'm having a similar problem. I've got a 128Gb SDcard, with a structure that is top level folders 0-9,A-z, then under each directory is a sub-directory of Artists.
        I.E.
        M\Madonna\Vogue - Madonna.mp3
        P\Prince\1999 - Prince.mp3
        etc etc.
        After top level directory R, all the rest (S-Z) look empty.
        The files are there, and can be seen in USB mode from Windows.
        This seems to be a major failing of the GoDJ, given that it supposedly supports 9000 tracks on the card, and up to 2TB cards.

Feedback and Knowledge Base